It’s a new year and you’re ready to finally get into shape and lose some weight in the process. However, if you’re like many people, you need motivation and a way to stay accountable to reach your goals. The other challenge, is utilizing the right system to help you reach your goals.
One challenge for me and why I haven’t always tracked my fitness goals is lack of tools. Remember in the old days where you would take out your small notebook, write down manually how many reps you did on which day. I actually did that for a while, but lost interest after a few months.
I don’t know about you, but that is not an efficient way to track my results. Besides who couldn’t use a little motivation to keep up with their fitness goals – right?
For those of you that like using a notebook, keep using what works for you. However, if you’re a into regular workouts, then it’s important to have a way to track your weekly, monthly and yearly results. The other problem that comes to my mind, what happens if you lose your notebooks? What happens if you have tracked your results for many years and suddenly it’s gone?
Instead, let’s leap forward and see what else you can use to keep up to date fitness results at the touch of a button.
So, what kinds of things do you want to track when it comes to your fitness?
- Workouts – specifically how many reps, amount of weight, time, how long on the treadmill or stair master etc.
- What did you eat today in terms of calories, types of food etc.
- Does the software have graphs, pie charts etc. to give you an overall picture
- How to stay motivated
OK, for many of you a simple app on your smart phone is probably enough and I will cover a few of the more popular ones below. I will discuss both paid and free versions.
Online Fitness Tools
1. JoesGoals.com – This resource is a free tool that offers the basics in terms of tracking your results. If you are looking for an easy to use tool, that’s very basic, then check them out.
2. Traineo.com – This is another free tool that helps you reach your goals. They offer an intuitive weight loss application. As well, they have effective exercise and visual diet tracking tools.
3. Fitocracy.com – This is another free online tool for now. You have access to a large community in which you can ask questions etc.
4. MyYogaOnline.com – This website that offers a lot of information on what else, yoga. They have free information and premium paid service for unlimited access. If you are into yoga and don’t have time to go to a studio, then this is an ideal option. There plans are reasonably priced for what you receive.
OK, I think that should be enough to get you headed in the right direction. The point of using any of the above system and tools, is to get started working on your fitness goals. Most of the ones above I believe offer a smart phone app version too.
Fitness is only one part of the equation. If you eat junk food all the time, then no matter how much you work out, it really won’t do much good. Within this website, I always strive to provide a balanced approached to life in general. That includes, working out regularly, getting proper nutrition, cutting out the junk food and only consuming high quality nutritional supplements.
I tend to stay away from strict diets or online workout tools where they want you to count calories. I really believe that if a diet or lifestyle change is that restrictive, then chances are you won’t stay on it for very long.
The other big part to having success with your fitness goals is to form the habits to keep doing it. I will discuss that in much more detail in another article.
Make it a productive day everyone!